Digital and Print Designer (Full-time)
The Creative Department, Inc. | Kansas City, MO
The Creative Department is a small-but-mighty creative and branding studio, working with national and international B2B companies and industry leaders on a range of digital and print projects. Our specialties include website design and development, digital communications, native apps, branding, advertising, collateral, and corporate publications. See more about The Creative Department at www.ideaville.net.
We have an immediate opening for a digital designer with solid experience designing for web and mobile, to collaborate on a broad range of digital projects like emails, landing pages and WordPress websites. The job will also entail a variety of non-digital work such as logos, slide decks, case studies, publications, and infographics.
We welcome motivated and collaborative people to our small, hard-working team. Specifically, we are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working on a variety of brands and projects
- Is organized, detail-oriented, and thorough
- Wants to be an integral player on a small team
- Seeks opportunities to learn and grow
- Is committed to offering our clients the best they have to give
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design
- 1-3 years’ working experience in design
- Strong emphases on visual and experience design
- WordPress familiarity
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- PowerPoint, Keynote or other presentation software skills
- Email development a plus (coding best practices, testing)
- Experience using MailChimp, Constant Contact, or other CMS
- Experience working in Marketo a plus
The Creative Department offers these benefits:
- Group health insurance plan (BCBS) partially paid by employer
- Vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation/personal days
- Paid holidays
- Optional participation in Simple IRA Retirement account with employer matching program (after 90-day waiting period)
- Flexible office/work-from-home schedule
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
The Creative Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. The Creative Department believes that diversity is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates the diversity of our people. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Entry to Mid Level
How to Apply
Please include your resume, a link to your digital work samples/portfolio, two work references, and a statement about the experiences that make you a good fit for this position.
We’re not always hiring, but we are always looking.
Positions at The Creative Department include: Account Executive, Project Manager, Social Media Coordinator, Copywriter, Graphic Designer, Developer, Design Intern.
If you have a résumé to submit or work to show, email us.
We have developed relationships with numerous service providers (freelancers and vendors) in the creative marketplace. If you’re interested in talking about such a partnership, please email inquiries here.